Saturday, November 14, 2015

Egg Biryani



Hello guys...
This is one of those food which I make when I have no fish or chicken to make curry with.... and no veggies for an upperi... or more simply put, a meal which comes to mind when Im lazy to cook all the curry, fry and upperi... a food I make at a time of crisis :P .... Egg Biryani :)

This is a new recipe I found... made some modifications to my likings... and I love how this has turned out...


What all you'll need:
  • 2 cups basmati rice
  • 2 medium sized onion
  • 2 green chilles finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp chopped ginger
  • 1.5 tbsp chopped garlic
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tsp chilli powder
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric
  • 1/4 garam masala
  • 1 tbsp chaat masala (optional. I love using this for almost everything)
  • some mint or coriander leaves for garnishing
  • salt to taste

How to make:

  • Wash and soak rice in water for about 20 minutes. Boil in water(add salt and a little oil). Drain when its almost done(3/4 cooked) and keep aside.
  • Hard boil the eggs while the rice is cooking. Keep aside. Peel when cool. Make long cuts on it making sure it remains whole.
  • Next heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions, cook for a minute or 2 and then add in the ginger-garlic and green chillies. Cook until the smell of garlic goes. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and a little chaat masala. Let that cook for a minute and then add in the boiled eggs.  
  • To let the eggs absorb the masala, let it stay in the pan on very low flame for some 5 minutes. Switch off flame. 
  • Now take the eggs out and toss in the cooked rice. Let the masala mix well with the rice. Check taste. Here I add salt, extra chaat malasa or even oil if I find the rice and masala too dry. I even add pepper powder if I feel its not spicy enough for my taste.  
  • Add the eggs. Garnish with coriander or mint leaves. Serve hot! :)



This is one super easy filling meal to make when you just want to be done with the food making already :D
Try it.... Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment